You can only apply for reimbursement of expenses incurred in the current semester.
- Cost of seeing a GP.
- Cost of treatment prescribed by GP, physical therapist/chiropractor.
- Treatment by a specialist and “blue” prescription medications, which are added to the National Insurance receipt card (deductible card).
- “White” prescription medications.
- Necessary dental care expenses (cosmetic dental care like bleaching and the dental implant are not included).
- Other expenses necessary to participate in classes.
- We do not cover the cost of glasses.
- There is a deductible of NOK 650, which is subtracted from the funding you’ve applied for.
- SiA can reimburse up to 40% of total, documented expenses. Maximum funding per student per calendar year is NOK 7 500.
- The arrangement only applies to full-time students who have paid tuition. The minimum rate for payment is NOK 500 per semester.
If expenses are covered by the Norwegian National Insurance, insurance arrangements or your national healthcare plan, no reimbursement will be given. Contraception and vaccination expenses are not covered.
Information about Norwegian Healthcare system in English can be found here.
Applications are processed as they are delivered (approx. 2 weeks processing time), and only expenses you’ve had during the ongoing semester can be applied for.
We do not pay in advance. Incomplete applications will not be processed. If you have any questions, please send them to Eli Stålesen.